Diaz Shafer Immigration Lawyer | Expedited Citizenship
  • 1-855-VISA-SUN
  • (847-2786)
This links to the home page
Practice Areas

Expedited Citizenship

Expedited Naturalization for Spouses of Military Members  

Spouses of U.S. citizen service members who are (or will be) deployed may be eligible for expedited naturalization in the United States. 

In general, an applicant for naturalization must:
  • Be age 18 or older
  • Establish that his or her U.S. citizen spouse is deployed abroad as a service member
  • Be present in the U.S. pursuant to a lawful admission for permanent residence (green card holder) at the time of examination on the naturalization application
  • Be present in the U.S. at the time of naturalization
  • Declare in good faith upon naturalization an intent to reside abroad with the U.S. citizen spouse and to reside in the U.S. immediately upon the citizen spouse’s termination of service abroad
  • Be able to read, write, and speak basic English
  • Have a basic knowledge of U.S. history and government (civics)
  • Have been, and continue to be, a person of good moral character, attached to the principles of the U.S. Constitution and well disposed to the good order and happiness of the U.S. during all relevant periods under the law
  • Overseas Naturalization for Spouses of Military Members